5 October 2011

Jesta WIP 2

Photobucket
Continuing from the first WIP post, the 3 Jestas that I am building as part of the Jesta Group Build are nearly complete.

Photobucket
The Jesta standing without shield or beam carbine. Overall colour scheme is pretty much identical to default colours and straight build with very minor touches on colouring here and there. No modification to parts or pla plates are used (which applies to most of my models I build anyway).

Photobucket
The chest vents, node on shoulder, the pipes on the elbow joint and the pipes around the waist are coloured silver.

Photobucket
Vents on skirts and legs are also coloured silver, along with the pipes at the back of the leg joints

Photobucket
I have been thinking whether I should colour the shield arms or not. I may still go ahead with it as it will stay consistent with the arm and leg joints.

Photobucket
Here is a before and after comparison with the arms connected to the shield and the backpack.

Photobucket
A quick pose with 2 Jestas. Thanks to the shoulder joints they can hold the beam carbines pretty well.


Now I have mostly the touch-ups to finish, such as cleaning up rough colouring work with my Gundam Marker pens, as well as a possible use of stickers for markings.

Not much left to go. Now I just gotta be more careful with the colouring and give it a flat top coat at the end then it's done!

7 comments:

  1. Cool, three Jestas in one go. =D

    Sometimes a straight-build with minimal touching-up is better than pimp-up-my-MS. XD

    Can't to see the full marching order of your team. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, the black visors are really cool. I'd have used a more metallic silver though. Love the squad nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ bd77:
    Yea sometimes simplicity is better as you've said, though I often am impressed with the creative ideas that people come up with their own custom models!

    Will hopefully get a review post up sometime this month!

    @ rxsiu:
    I actually have thought of doing grey or metallic silver instead of the lighter blue on the helm too, but I chose black at the end to make it blend in with the rest of the navy blue. Jesta really suits to have a team in order to give this "commando" or "special forces" impression. Hope I'll to see your Jesta too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress. I just picked up my Jesta and haven't really started yet.

    I want to see Jesta Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ B-Mecha:
    Good to hear that you now have your hands on the Jesta. I look forward to see how you'd get to colour it up!

    My Jesta squad will hopefully come up soon! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking awesome buddy! I'm really starting to like the Jesta a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ korewagundam:
    Thanks! The Jestas are almost done now! Really like their appearance since I first saw their design, and I am looking forward to see them in action in the next episode of Gundam UC!

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems